The early 21st century is marked by a huge polarisation in matters like
– diversity and migration vs nationalism and xenofobia
– corporate greed vs tax justice
– human rights vs religious and political fundamentalism
– climate change vs unlimited industrial growth and materialism.
As a result, autoritarian leadership is rising, and civil protest is growing.
FLORA AND THE WATER WARRIORS puts evolutions in perspective by bringing them back to the age where most of them have their roots: the Age of Enlightenment. That period saw the rise of the scientific approach that warns us now about the impact of our environmental footprint on our future. William Sweetlove and Bart Ramakers spark a fascinating dialogue between the classicist goddesses and the role models of today’s climate protest.
– Flora and the Water Warriors is an exhibition in the Notelaer, Hingene (BE), June 30th – October 31st 2019.
– Selected images will be exposed as teasers in Musée Matisse, Le Cateau (FR), May 18th – December 31st 2019.
– Sections of Flora and the Water Warriors will be present during the Art Biennale Namur (BE), from June 26th 2019 till …
– More to come…