Flora and the Water Warriors
With FLORA AND THE WATER WARRIORS, William Sweetlove and Bart Ramakers spark a fascinating dialogue between classicist goddesses and the role models of today’s climate protest. They put climate issues in perspective by bringing them back to the age where most of them have their roots: the Age of Enlightenment. That period saw the rise of the scientific approach that warns us now about the impact of our environmental footprint on our future. Is an economic model based on continuous growth and unrestrained global exploitation still sustainable? Should we not look for another way of life? It is in that context that the two artists present their army of young goddesses who assist us in the battle for water, climate and the world, led by the godddess Flora. They bring us into contact with our intuitions again, teach us how to take care of everything that surrounds us and how to continue to pursue our ideals, instead of sacrificing them on the altar of power and greed.
FLORA AND THE WATER WARRIORS: a book of 128 pages, 210 x 265 mm under hardcover and with plenty of full color images. Texts in dutch french and english, price is 25 euro + transport costs (7 euro for Belgium). Order here.
Revelations: the book
The book “Revelations” is a collection of Bart Ramakers’ best work ever, with more than 130 images, the majority previously unpublished in bookform. It’s a lot bigger than the previous books (31 x 41 cm), contains more pages and images (192 p.) and gives you a rare insight in the genesis and the background of the works. It is a very luxurious coffee table book, with a hardcover bound in linen and a dust cover. Texts by Jonas Slaats, Serge Simonart (Humo/Klara), Geert Stadeus (Snoecks), Koen De Vlieger-De Wilde (Kasteel d’Ursel), Leo De Bock (VRT) & Fredau. Price is 65 euro. You want to order your copy?
The most recent calendar is a very special one: it is a birthday calendar, so you can continue to use it for years. Luxuriously large format 42 x 60 cm, 13 previously unpublished photos from all my current projects, first-class print quality, just 55 euro for a firmly packed delivery to your home. There is an exclusive signed and numbered series of 25 copies at 105 euros, with a unique photo print. And don’t forget, for orders over 20 pieces we have very attractive conditions!
- Normal Magazine 13
- Art Couch Magazine February 2019.
- SNOECKS 2019 (article by Geert Stadeus)
- 9 pages interview by Niels Janssens in “Thema Deluxe”, October 2017.
- 2018 art calendar with 14 pictures from the “Anatomy of Beauty” series, printed by Antilope De Bie, a gem 42 x 60 cm big. A regular edition is available for you, 55 euros only, and a limited and numbered collector’s edition for 95 euro.
- it-magazine 59, 60, 61
- 2017 art calendar with 8 pictures from the “Divine Comedy” series, by Masterprinters Lamine, a gem 42 x 60 cm big. (sold out)
- 2016 calendar with 8 pictures from the “Adamant Amazones” series, by Masterprinters Lamine, a gem 42 x 60 cm big (out of print).
- Bart Ramakers, Trouble in Paradise, 120 pages, introductions by Johan Van Cauwenberge (art reporter radio Klara), Baudoin Lebon (Galerie Baudoin Lebon, Paris) and Prof. Dr. Maximiliaan Martens (UGent). Hardcover. (sold out)
- 20 pages reportage in “Normal Magazine n°5”: http://www.normal-magazine.com (out of print)
- 2015 calendar ‘Strangers in the Night” and 2014 calendar “Bart Ramakers”: out of print, becoming collector’s items!
- Bart Ramakers, In illo tempore, De Cavalerie, 2013. 21 x 29,7 cm, 96 p.
- Jan Flamend & Bart Ramakers, Weg van Woorden, De Cavalerie, 2009. 22 x 28,5 cm, 164p. (out of print)
- Bart Ramakers, Caught in a tale, De Cavalerie, 2011. 20,5 x 25,5 cm, 80 p. (out of print)